Saturday, February 1, 2020

Week 4 Lab: Research for First Story

Firstly, here are some images I've come across that I will probably want to use at some point:

(Borgin and Burkes shelf by Harshlight from Wikimedia Commons)

(Borgin and Burkes image by Jared on Flickr)

Also, if I search "borgin & burkes" (instead of using "and" use "&") I end up getting way more results for some reason??? I'll have to keep that in mind. 

For one of my stories, I'll be writing about an astra. I'm not completely sure which one yet, so here is a list of potential astras:

  • BrahmastraBrahma's weapon. Can destroy the world and never misses a mark. Extreme mental concentration is required to use it, and it's not supposed to be used in combat and was a last-resort weapon.
  • Trishula - Shiva's weapon. According to Wikipedia, "When looked upon as a weapon of Shiva, the trishula is said to destroy the three worlds: the physical world, the world of the forefathers, and the world of the mind. The three worlds are supposed to be destroyed by Shiva into a single non-dual plane of existence, that is bliss alone."
  • Gandiva - An invincible bow created by Brahma. 
  • Pashupatastra - Most destructive weapon of Shiva. Extremely destructive and powerful. Summons monsters. 
  • Narayanastra - Creates a shower of arrows and discs. 
There are so many interesting ones! I think what I might end up doing is I'll mention a few in the story, but have the customer only be intrigued by one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment