Saturday, February 22, 2020

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

The quality of comments and feedback I am receiving from other students is really high. My peers are making a lot of good points. The comments I find most useful are the ones that ask "what if", meaning that they are making recommendations for ideas I could add to my story to make them more interesting.

I would say the quality of the comments and feedback I am leaving for other students is pretty good. I'm not great at making recommendations for changes, but I'm getting better at it as we go. I am definitely getting good ideas for my own writing when I read other people's writing. A lot of my peers think outside the box, and reading their writing helps me do the same.

I definitely have a sense of getting to know people by connecting with them on their blogs. Their introductions are really informative and help me understand their writing even more. I am happy with my introduction post, although I might go back and edit it a bit to add some new details.

To make the feedback assignments more useful for others, I might go back through our earlier feedback assignments and look for suggestions on how to give good feedback.

Image From Growth Mindset and Feedback Cats Blog

I chose the above image because it's such an important thing to remember when I receive feedback. I often skim over the praise and go straight to the criticism, which then makes me feel like a failure of a writer. It's important to balance the good and bad, and accept feedback without taking it personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment