Monday, February 17, 2020

Week 7 Famous Last Words: Thoughts from the Week

The reading for this week went well, although I still prefer the Ramayana. I did love a lot of the aspects of the Mahabharata, though, and I finished both sections. All the odd stuff with the Pandavas was really interesting and unexpected.

This week I had a ton of fun writing my story. I wasn't sure about it at first because I didn't know what perspective to write from, but I'm really happy with it. I didn't realize how much can be written about so little, but that was kind of the whole idea of it for me. I needed practice in drawing out a scene because I too often just speed through scenes/topics like they don't matter. I also had fun writing the Grand Canyon story, although I think it could do with another round of edits.

I have been looking at other people's storybooks and I'm really looking forward to reading them! They all look so fun. As for blog stories, my absolute favorite so far that I've read in this course has been this one (I'm not sure if it's weird to link other people's stories.....but I am going to anyways). It just feels so beautiful and meaningful to me, and the wisdom that comes from it is something that I would have a hard time writing myself. I'm always so impressed with the stories people come up with in Laura's classes--so many of my peers should seriously consider writing outside of this class if they don't already.

I know the week 8 assignments are review posts, so hopefully I can get even more ahead with those. I did not expect to almost be done with all of week 7 by today, so I'm definitely excited about that. I only need to do the project story, but I always put those off until the very end. I really need to stop doing that. Over the next week, I'm also going to continue working on cover letters for internships, and I'll probably take Yumi to the dog park since the weather is getting better. :)

To close, here's an unrelated picture of Yumi from our snow day recently. :)))

Yumi playing in the snow (personal image, February 2020)


No comments:

Post a Comment