Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Week 6 Microfiction: Harry Potter, Year One

Story 1: The Train Station

Platform 9¾ was only the beginning.


Story 2: The Philosopher's Stone

The stone did not tempt Harry, for even he knew there were more important things than immortality.
_____________

Author's Note:

For my first microfiction, I did a six-word story on the famous Platform 9¾, where it kind of all started for Harry. It was the entrance to a world that introduced him to the realization that he was loved. It's where he met the Weasleys, and it's where he got on his first train to Hogwarts. I wrote a six word story for this one because I wanted to see how much I could tell of Harry's story in six words.

For the second story, I wrote a <100 word story on the Philosopher's Stone. It's based off of the part where Harry is able to obtain the stone because he has no desire to use it. I feel like this shows his character so well because it emphasizes what he values and what he doesn't--which inevitably leads to later successes for him. I had a hard time writing this one, too, and I definitely had to cut it down to be less than 100 words because I have so much more to say about it.

Image information"Headed to Hogwarts" by Daniel Incandela is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0

BibliographyHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment