Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Famous Last Words: A Fairly Average Week

The reading for this week went well, although I am definitely more of a Ramayana person. There are so many names to remember and keep track of that I keep getting lost. This means it takes me forever to finish a single page. Still, I did have time to finish both portions. Once I realized how long it would take to get through it, I allotted the necessary amount of time for it in my schedule. The reading did leave me with questions about the characters and certain ideas in Indian culture, so hopefully I will be able to explore those in future Wikipedia Trail posts.

Since I did a story lab this week, I don't really have many choices of my best writing from this week. So far from this course, though, my favorite writing has been the story I wrote about Yumi. I also had a lot of fun writing the introduction for my project last week. I have never described a place in so much detail before, so it was a new writing style for me.

Outside of this course, my coursework is going okay. I am struggling with quizzes in one course, which is frustrating because I know I can apply the knowledge we've learned but I just have trouble memorizing it. Doing the work for this course provides much-needed relief and helps build my confidence when my other courses aren't going well.

Outside of school, I have been looking into publishing internships. I recently realized how much I want to work in children's literature, so I just finished editing my resume and writing a cover letter for internship applications. Unfortunately, I lack qualifications and experience, but hopefully someone will take a chance on me.

Next week, I am hoping to get back into a routine. This past week I have been busy catching up with assignments, so next week I need to get back to my schedule. I definitely notice a difference when I don't have a routine, and I haven't been taking very great care of myself so the plan is to allot some time for resting, reading, and working out.

Reflecting on this past week - Image from Growth Mindset Memes blog

No comments:

Post a Comment