Saturday, January 4, 2020

Thoughts on Technology Tools

The most helpful tool for me last semester was the word count extension. I ended up using it for other classes, too, and I have yet to delete it because it has been so useful. I also made a bookmarks folder for all of the Myth-Folklore course resources last semester, and I have already started one for this course. I referenced both of these tools weekly and am glad they were recommended to me!

I'm also glad I chose Blogger as my website platform because it has been so easy to use. Although I'm not a fan of the themes available, it's overall a lot easier to navigate than most other platforms. I haven't had any trouble with it and it seems that it'll stay that way.

That's pretty much it for my thoughts on the tech tools... I prefer to keep it simple. Otherwise I get so caught up in and confused by the technology that I forget about the importance of the content and writing.

(Patrick Technology image from BadBooksGoodTimes)

1 comment:

  1. That meme is so cute, Brooke! And as you saw the browser "tune-up" thing is there so that people will have a chance to set up the word counter thing etc. right from the start of the semester. Especially with the microfiction option, people need a good in-browser word count. I wrote microfictions every day over winter break so I am an even bigger fan of the word count extension than before. 6 words I can count manually... but not 100 ha ha. :-)

    ReplyDelete