Friday, January 10, 2020

Tech Tip: Typing Test

I feel like my typing speed in constantly changing, depending on how much time I've been spending typing. Last time I did a test, my speed was around 90 WPM. This time it was 116.33 WPM:


This test was so short, though, that I decided to take another one. Here are the results from that:


So I got 99 WPM with that one. I think I prefer the test from typingtest.com because it allows me to customize the test. I chose to do the one minute test where you type sentences (as opposed to words or just letters). 

Typing is really important, especially for those of us in online courses. I'm lucky enough to have started typing games in second grade, so I learned the skill from an early age. Not being able to type quickly can be frustrating because it takes so much longer to finish assignments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment