Monday, February 3, 2020

Microfictions: The Bow and Sita's Commitment

Story 1: Rama and the Bow

The strength of love had won.



Story 2: Sita's Commitment

Even in her deepest pain and sorrow, Sita remained firm in her devotion to Rama. No threat or temptation would ever replace the love and longing she felt for him.

__________

Author's Note:

For my first story, I was inspired by the part of The Divine Archer where Rama has to bend the bow to marry Sita. The way the story talks about Rama's love for Sita (and vice versa) makes their love seem more powerful and stronger than any object, which is what inspired my six-word story. I chose this short of a story because I feel like fewer words packs more of a punch; it makes the story even more charming and emotional.

For my second story, I wrote a two-sentence story summarizing Sita's time under Ravana's capture. I imagine the imprisonment was difficult emotionally, but the original story makes it seem like her love for Rama never faltered. Although corny, it does make for a beautiful love story!

BibliographyThe Divine Archer by F. J. Gould.

Image information: Rama bends the bow from Wikimedia Commons.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke,
    I really liked your “Rama and the Bow” microfiction. The word strength kind of has two meanings in this story, so you did good to discuss two topics with one word. I also liked your story about Sita’s commitment. I think it could even apply to all of their relationship and not just her time under Ravana. It’s true nothing seemed to affect her commitment to him, but sometimes her desires affected their relationship like her unwavering longing for the beautiful golden deer.

    ReplyDelete