Sunday, February 23, 2020

Famous Last Words: Week 8 Assignments Finished!

Week 8 was a review week, and thank goodness for that because I badly needed some reflection time. I have not had much time or energy to seriously contemplate my work and schedule this semester, so being forced to do so was immensely helpful. It is wonderful how much reflection can help clear your head and take a weight off your shoulders that you didn't realize was there before. This also makes me realize I need to put aside some time for journaling again.

I am still having a lot of fun writing my Harry Potter microfiction. I feel like I'm starting to run out of writing steam, though, so I might take a break from biography or microfiction? Although usually right when I give up on those, I come up with an idea to write about. Before I know it, the assignment is done. Maybe that is saying something about how I need to stop overthinking... Some of the best advice I've ever heard is "don't try so hard" (from the show Parks and Recreation), and as simple as it is, it's definitely what I need to hear most of the time.

My other courses are okay, although I'm starting to feel a mid-semester lull where I am tempted to skip... (This is why I prefer online classes! The amount of energy it takes just to go to campus, find parking, get to class, wait for the professor, etc. is equivalent to doing an entire module in an online class.) But I am too scared to miss class just in case a professor decides to throw in a pop quiz or extra points that day, so I still go to class anyways. The main connection I see between this class and my other classes is that Indian Epics helps me improve my writing skills, which makes essay-writing easier for other classes. It's wild how just a few weeks without practice can make it so much harder to write.

To finish, I randomly came across this HEART image and wow do I feel personally attacked. I've always struggled with over-highlighting because everything feels important to me. But then when I try to minimize my highlighting, I end up focusing on things that apparently the professor doesn't see as important. It is such a frustrating cycle!

Meme from Learning by HEART blog

No comments:

Post a Comment