Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Tech Tip: Google Data

I had no idea I could (mostly) take control of my Google data until now. I hadn't even heard of My Activity before. I'm assuming they still keep tabs on us somehow, but knowing I have a little bit of control is reassuring. Our lives basically revolve around search engines nowadays, so it is important that we fully understand what we are signing up for when we use it. I personally just try not to think too hard about how my data is being used, though, so I know very little about it.

I do use a lot of Google services. Google search (of course), Gmail, Scholar, Blogger (another obvious one), and so many more that I'm probably not even aware belongs to Google. When I want to learn about topics like online privacy, I Google the topic (ha ha......the irony). Usually sites like Reddit have good information about the topic, but I've also seen major news companies discussing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment