Friday, January 3, 2020

Storybook Favorites

Tales of the River Ganges: For this storybook, I really liked the design. Although it's simple, it's really easy to navigate and read through. The white background of the text boxes contrast really well with the off-white background. This is something that is super important to me when I'm reading things online--it needs to be easy to read and not distracting. I also loved how visual it was. The writing was extremely vivid and I could picture exactly what was intended. It made the story easy to follow.

Ganesha's Enchanted Journals: I absolutely love this storybook and the creativity of it! It's such a wonderful idea to tell stories through journal entries and customer interactions. I like the idea of one character writing in the journal and then another character commentating on that writing. I would love to do something like this. I love the store idea, too. It makes me want to possibly do something with a pawn shop. I also love that it speaks from a character's perspective. My storybook last semester was in third person because I typically prefer third person writing. In this case, though, I might have to make an exception. I've found that the first person storybooks are so much fun.

Diary from the Enchanted Journals storybook (originally from my-diary.org)

Karma: The Good Place: I absolutely adore The Good Place, so this storybook caught my eye immediately. The introduction does a great job of summarizing the show without being too overbearing. The idea of telling the story through a script and the characters' afterlife ordeal is a great one. I also really like all of the media added in. It helps to break up the text and make the experience more real. It feels like I'm actually watching it rather than just reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment