Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Famous Last Words: A New Semester

I know it is only two days into the semester, but since I finished the week 2 assignments, I thought it would be good to do a famous last words post. I love the idea of this because it is basically a journal entry to reflect!

I am pretty happy with how the work in this class is going so far. I got about as far ahead as I could, so now I can slow down if I need to. Also, I really enjoyed the reading this week. Even though it was just the introduction reading, it was a perfect foundation to help me get into the material. It gave a good preview of the kind of content we will be dealing with, and it definitely helped get my creativity flowing. I noticed a lot of the same writing elements in the India stories as I've seen in stories from other cultures. That is one thing I love about stories--no matter what story you are reading, there is going to be a pattern you have probably seen before or will see again. It is so exciting to see how the author will make the story unique even though they are using age-old writing tools, symbolism, etc.


As for my other classes, I am feeling very overwhelmed already. The reading for those courses is definitely not as fun as the reading for this one... I am starting to wish I had chosen a more creative major. Though Community Health is interesting, I am beginning to realize I have other interests I would rather pursue. Great timing (that's sarcasm), seeing as I'm graduating in December 2020 and need to rush to figure everything out by then.

On that topic, I'm actually looking around to see if any publishing companies will give me experience in any form. I'm taking a mental break from the pre-nursing track and am going to see if this publishing trail will lead me anywhere. I am very interested in the world of publishing currently, and I would love to be a part of the process that helps bring creative writing to life. So that is what I will be spending the next few weeks on (outside of school).

Anyways, I'm super excited to see everyone's storybooks! I'm so impressed by the creativity of the storybooks from previous semesters, and I'm sure that trend will continue!

~

Image info: The demon city of Lanka. The flying horse by W. Robinson. An image I liked from this week's reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment